You made it through January! Congrats!
I hope that things have settled down on your end after the holiday season and you’re ready to tackle the year ahead and bring your best self forward.
January is one of my favorite months because collectively our energy is more upbeat and positive. Most of us feel like we have a fresh start and because of this are motivated to create resolutions for the rest of the year.
If you set resolutions at the beginning of January I want to ask you – how do you feel?
Do you feel you’re on the right track to achieve what it is you want? Or, have you fallen back to your old patterns and dismissed what you really want this year?
One of the biggest mistakes I see people make at the beginning of the year is creating resolutions. According to U.S. News, approximately 80% of resolutions fail by February!
What!!??? You might be thinking to yourself, this is crazy!!! Yes, it is…
The biggest challenge with resolutions is that they are intentions set with no definite plan.
When I speak about creating a definite plan I don’t mean just saying what you’ll do and how you’re going to do it, but going deeper.
Deeper means taking into account your resources for the given year or timeframe you want to achieve your goals. Thinking about stuff such as is key:
- Do I have the right amount of time to achieve my goal?
- Do I have the right amount of energy? You might have the time, but not the energy.
- Do I have the right support system to help me through any challenges or obstacles?
- Do I have enough money to make this happen? And if I do am I willing to invest in myself? If I don’t have enough money, ask yourself what is my plan to attain it?
- Do I have the right connections to achieve this or do I need to allocate time for this as well?
It’s great to feel motivated and inspired to go out there and make things happen, but I’ve learned that a resolution to achieve something isn’t enough.
It takes both a strong desire and a definite plan to set yourself up for success!
If this is the year you’re dedicated to moving things to a different level and breaking out of your comfort zone to create a life and work you love click here.
You deserve a great life, and a great life only happens by stepping outside of your comfort zone!
To Your Authentic Success,